Registration now open!
3rd International Symposium on Arthrogryposis (3ISA)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA – Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing
September 24-26, 2018
The treatment, diagnosis and societal functioning of those with arthrogryposis multiplex congenita (AMC) has changed considerably over the last several decades. Despite that, AMC related disabilities are under represented and under examined, compared to other neuromuscular conditions. Worldwide, there are few patient support/advocacy groups for AMC, and most are only 10-15 years old. There are few, if any, dedicated medical/science groups dedicated to arthrogryposis, and relatively few research projects and studies on the condition and those who live with it. Through international conferences, we are gradually building a group of interested parties that are comparing experiences, developing guidelines, and forging cooperative partnerships for further study. In so doing, we hope to advance care for peoples with AMC through education, research and advocacy. The 1st International Symposium on Arthrogryposis was held in Birmingham England in 2007, the second in Saint Petersburg Russia in 2014. On September 24-26, 2018, Philadelphia will host the 3rd International Symposium on Arthrogryposis at the Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing. The meeting will be jointly hosted by AMC Support Inc. and the International Study Group for Arthrogryposis.
Warmest regards, and we hope to see you in Philadelphia!
The goals of our meeting will be to:
- Advance the treatment of children and adults with AMC
- Update attendees with the advances of newer research and procedures/treatments that benefit peoples with AMC
- Advocate for the appropriate treatment of children born with AMC, by educating physicians and care givers of the potential of these children
- Demonstrate the value of interdisciplinary care for these patients
- Foster an international community of physicians, care givers, researchers to further those goals
The purpose of our meeting will be both scientific, and for networking. From the scientific standpoint, the meeting will be primarily podium presentations of submitted abstracts. There will be a general call for abstracts, which will be reviewed by panels of international experts, and selections made on the basis of relevancy and advancement of knowledge on AMC. If the final agenda permits, we may include panel discussions and possibly expert presentations. As for networking, we hope to encourage both informal as well as formal interactions, to foster research collaborations. We have already been contacted by a number of groups who are interested in developing multicenter or multicountry studies, and hope to present their proposals to the audience, in hopes of generating interest as well as research partners. We are working to obtain continuing medical education (CME) support for the meeting for the participants.
September 24-26, 2018, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US
The 3ISA meeting is for medical professionals, researchers, therapists, representatives of international arthrogryposis groups.
No Children will be allowed in the symposium sessions unless they have been individually invited to participate by a presenter, planner, etc.
A block of rooms is being held courtesy of the International Study Group on Arthrogryposis at the Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing
For the special 3ISA meeting group rates and reservations please visit 3ISA meeting group rates.
Hotel reservations should be made early, as space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Reservations must be made by August 24, 2018.
Registration for 3rd International Symposium on Arthrogryposis is available at the meeting registration site:
Advance registration will be open through August 24, 2018. Benefits for registering in advance include:
- Guaranteed space availability for the meeting
- Significantly lower registration rates than those charged onsite.
To take advantage of advance registration, visit the 3ISA meeting registration site and sign up today.
The delegate base registration fee includes entrance to the general and breakout sessions, breakfasts, breaks, and the International Study Group on Arthrogryposis Dinner on Monday, September 24. Continuing medical education (CME) credits are included in the registration, as underwritten by the Shriners Hospital for Children.
Accompanying Person (Does not include session admittance.)
Accompanying persons must register through the meeting registration website:
Accompanying person registration gives individuals the ability to participate in breakfasts, breaks, and the International Study Group on Arthrogryposis Dinner on Monday, September 24
This scientific meeting will follow the structure of contemporary scientific meetings, based primarily on podium presentations of research abstracts. The abstracts will have been submitted prior to the meeting, and selected by a blinded panel of reviewers. Criteria for selection will include quality of information being presented, and relevance for the treatment of patients with AMC. Time permitting, there will also be panel discussions, expert talks, and breakout sessions. Continuing medical educational credit will be provided by Temple University, and will be underwritten by a grant from the Shriners Hospitals for Children.
The Abstract Submission website was open from March 1 to May 1, 2018
- Harold van Bosse, MD, Chair, 3rd International Symposium on Arthrogryposis
- Shriners Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
- Ruth Lester, FRCS, Organizer of 1st International Symposium on Arthrogryposis, 2007
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, England
- Olga Agranovich, MD, Organizer of the 2nd International Symposium on Arthrogryposis, 2014
- Turner Scientific and Research Institute for Children’s Orthopedics, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
- Eva Pontén, MD –Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
- Judith Hall, MD
- British Columbia’s Children’s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
- Bartłomiej (Bart) Kowalczyk, MD PhD, Organizer of the International Interdisciplinary Conference -University Children Hospital of Krakow, Poland
- Noémi Dahan-Oliel, PhD, OT -Shriners Hospitals for Children-Canada and McGill University, Montréal, Québec Canada
- Ani Samargian, Founder, Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Support, Inc Spartanburg, South Carolina USA
- Lana Prater, President, Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Support, Inc, Lewiston, Idaho US
- Chris Hartwick, Vice President, Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Support, Inc Greenville, South Carolina USA
- Michele Schaffer, Vice President for Programming, Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Support, Inc., Columbus, Ohio USA
- Michele Cimino, MSN RN, Clinical Education Coordinator, Shriners Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
- Albert Weiss, MD, Shriners Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
- Dan Zlotolow, MD, Shriners Hospital for Children, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
All cancellations must be received in writing before August 24, 2018 ,and will incur 10% administrative fee. Delegates may fax their cancellation to 215 430-4079 or email it to PHL-AMC2018@Shrinenet.org. Delegates will receive a confirmation and refund within 14 days of receipt of their cancellation notice.
Name substitutions for an existing registration must be made in writing prior to August 24, 2018 to PHL-AMC2018@Shrinenet.org at no extra charge. Any name substitutions made after August 24, 2018 or onsite will result in a $100 processing fee. If the original registrant shows up at the meeting, he/she will be responsible for a new onsite registration fee.